Tuesday 11 October 2016

Shoot Two - Work Diary

The aim of this shoot was to show how different rain (a natural liquid) appears when on man-made objects (chairs/tables/walls...) in comparison to nature, such as flowers. I wanted to do this shoot as I think that rain, and flowers go naturally together, as flowers cannot survive without rain, it's a life source to them; whereas chairs and tables which are man-made are not necessarily made to be in the rain- I wanted to explore how the objects themselves varied in their appearance when in rain. Overall, I enjoyed shooting these images as I liked being out in a different environment to which I'm used to, I would usually avoid going out in the rain, but not in this shoot. I edited some of my images on photoshop, by lowering their curves, in order to make them slightly darker to really highlight the rain drops on the leaves/ glass. 

Best image from my shoot:


This image is the most effective photograph of the day, the angle in which I took the mage fits well, as it appears that the leaves are hanging down, moreover the frame of the photograph is good as the leaves sit directly in the middle of the image (rule of thirds.) I shot this image on ISO 2500, and F stop of 4.8 and a shutter speed of 1/60, I believe I chose the perfect camera settings as I am extremely pleased with the outcome of the image. The rain drops on this image appear natural, like they are meant to be there, this was one aim of my shoot as I wanted to show how two natural objects (rain and plants) are meant to go together, due to plants needing water to survive. 


Worst Image from my shoot:

This image was one of my least favourite of the shoot, this is due to the blurred leaf which sits directly in the centre of the image, if this leaf was not blurred then I believe this would be a strong image, as the water droplets appear almost like shining diamonds, which may suggest that they are comfortable on the leaf, like it's meant to be; however, the blurred leaf ruins this. I shot this image on the following came settings: ISO 1100, F stop of 5, and a shutter speed of 1/60, I should have stood further away to take my image, as then the lea would not have been blurred, or I could have used a macro lens which would have allowed me to get even closer to the plants. 


Progression: 
If I was to reshoot my images again, or complete a similar shoot to this one, the I would use a macro lens in order to get even closer to the plants/objects I'm photographing. Due to this I may even be able to create more abstract images as you will not be able to see the full object, but only parts of it, this would be ideal as it would help me deceive the viewer.
(This progression is explored to an extent in my shoot numbers 4 and 8.)

No comments:

Post a Comment