Tuesday 11 October 2016

Shoot One - Work Diary

In this shoot my aim was to help display how tranquil, and calm nature is; moreover I wanted to show how different nature is, whilst many buildings are the same. I photographed all of my images whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria, this is a beautiful country, which has vast amounts of nature which varies from the nature here in the UK. I enjoyed shooting all of my images as I photographed them in a different environment to which I'm used to, therefore I had to adapt my camera settings to this, as the sun was a lot more powerful in Gran Canaria, than it is in the UK. I believe my shoot matched my aim, as you can easily see how different nature varies between countries, also it's evident how nature is always changing and adapting, whereas buildings always look the same. Nature is versatile, whilst buildings are hard to change once they're erected. 


Best image from this shoot:


This image is my best from my shoot, the spikes on the cactus create patterns of shadows on the trunk of the plant, which certifies how sharp and dangerous they are as it's evident how pointy they are. These spikes in the image may be suggesting that nature needs to be protected, as it's under threat, the vast number of spikes all round the plant suggest threats come from all directions. Additionally, this image shows how different nature is in Gran Canaria in comparison to English nature, as we do not have cactuses in England a our environment doesn't suit them, this is another reason why I believe it's my best from my shoot. In addition, the green and yellows work well together as they are analogous colours, this allows the plant to stand out from the darker background, and they highlight the darker tone spikes also. 


Worst image from this shoot:


This image is my worst photograph of this shoot, it's slightly over-exposed, due to my camera settings I shot this image on an ISO of 200, and F stop of 10 and a shutter speed of 1/400, I could have made my F stop higher in order to allow less light into the lens, I also could have made the shutter speed quicker in order to allow the light less time to enter the lens. I don't believe this image says anything profound about nature, and my reasonings behind my topic, the plant doesn't look particularly special, and the viewer would not be able to easily deduce that this image was photographed in another country to England, unlike my best image of the day. 

Progression:
This shoot worked well, however if I was to reshoot it I would ensure that I photographed some images of buildings also in order to directly show the contrast between how nature varies, yet buildings all appear similar. I could use some of these images in my shoot in which I will explore the technique of multiple exposure, I would do this by shooting my friends, whilst laying the images on plants over the top in order to create out comes similar to my techniques post on multiple exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment