Friday 14 October 2016

Shoot Five - Work Diary

In this shoot I wanted to show how humans are essentially in control of nature, I did this by using the technique of multiple-exposure in order to edit the images so that it appears as though the subject is made up of nature. In addition, by editing my images in this way it will appear as though we are nature, therefore implying we must protect nature in order to protect ourselves. 
I shot my images all outside of the studio using spot metering on my camera to make the background white around the subject, whilst using a high F stop or a slower shutter speed. Once I had photographed both my images of the subjects and the trees, I then came back inside and opened both images in photoshop, Next, I dragged the image of the leaves on top of the photograph of the subject. Once doing this I then changed the settings from 'normal' to 'screen' in the side panel, this then overlapped the two images, to edit any of the images singularly I clicked on their specific layer, before editing the image to how I wanted this (lowering curves, turning up the saturation... ) 
I enjoyed this shoot as it was interesting editing the curves and layers of the images, in order to find the image I think look best aesthetically. 



Best image of the shoot:


Picture of the subject:
ISO- 200
F- 5.6
Shutter speed- 1/80

Picture of the tree:
ISO- 200
F- 5.6
Shutter speed- 1/100

This is my best image from today's shoot as the red berries come through the image not too harshly, but not too subtly either this is due to my editing of the camera settings, but increasing the curves of the image. I also admire how the subject appears to be 'made up' of nature which satisfies my aim of showing how humans and nature can work together, and are essentially as one. Due to the angle in which I shot the photograph of my subject it appears as though she is extremely broad and tall, this demonstrates how because she is made up of nature, and it's her 'roots' she can thrive and exists proudly.



Worst image of the shoot:


Picture of the subject:
ISO- 200
F- 5.6
Shutter speed- 1/80

Picture of the leaves:
ISO- 200
F- 5.6
Shutter speed- 1/80

This photograph is my worst from the shoot, as you cannot see the leaves enough therefore the viewer doesn't know what they're looking at, as there isn't enough definition in the leaves. Moreover, when editing the curves in photoshop this didn't effect the image as much as I would have liked, therefore I do not believe this photograph meets my aims of this shoot, as you cannot tell that the image overlapping the subject is that of leaves, symbolising nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment