Thursday 12 January 2017

Print Technique 3

Repetition:

Firstly, I clicked the button 'file' at the top of the page, I then clicked 'new', this brought up a menu which looked like this: 
A width of 1400 pixels and a hight of 955 pixels is what I used to create my canvas, this gave me a rectangular shaped white square on my screen. After this I opened up the image I wanted to use to complete my repeated image. I then held down cmd A, and then pressed cmd C on the image in order to select and copy the whole image; next I clicked onto my blank canvas image and then pressed cmd V in order to paste my image. In order to resize my image I then clicked cmd T, and held down the shift key in order to resize my image in proportion, I then placed my image in the top right hand corner of the box:

To then replicate this I clicked cmd V to paste the image again, whilst going through the same process of the previous image by clicking cmd T to resize this and dragging this into place; however to make the images reflections of each other this time I must drag the dot on the left hand side of the image over and across the photo, so it flips the image, so the creation now looks like this:
Next I clicked cmd V again to paste a new image, however this time I needed to flip the image upside down, therefore I dragged the dot that's at the top of the image down, so it flips the photo upside-down, giving me the following result: 


For the remaining square I again held down cmd V and dragged my image into place, whilst flipping the image upside down and turing it so that it is mirrored. The following image shows the final result:



why i like image.....
Below is the original image prior to it being repeated:



I also tried this print technique with an image from my shoots (shoot one), this is the image before the manipulation:



Below is my final image once I had repeated it:


I like the overall appearance of this image, as the repeated pattern makes this photograph more edgy, corresponding with the sharp connotations associated with the image, due to the object (cactus) obtaining spikes. The pattern which is created symbolises confusion, as the image is not clear, subsequently this change in physical appearance may symbolise the view humans obtain of nature (confusion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment