Tuesday 10 January 2017

Print Technique 2

Selective Colour:

Firstly, I opened up the image I wanted to edit in photoshop, then I clicked on the circular button in the bottom right hand corner of the page, the button looks like this: 

After opening up the list of options you must click on 'selective colour' then a table pops up on the page, which looks like this: 
The section where it states 'colours' is where I selected which colour I wanted to adjust, once I selected the colour I then dragged the cursers that are below (cyan, magenta, yellow black) to change the colouring in the image. 


Before:


After:



It's evident in the before and after images that once the image was edited it is brighter, I used the selective colour tool to saturate the colours within the image more; I wanted to edit the colours subtly and not make this photograph appear too 'fake' and artificial. I changed the green, yellow and red colouring in the image as these colours are the most prominent in the image. By making the colours brighter this changes the overall meaning of the photograph, giving the image a happier feel through the use of saturated colours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment