Tuesday 27 September 2016

Multiple Flash - Work Diary

In today's lesson our task was to capture images focusing on the technique of 'multiple flash'. We shot our images in the studio with the following equipment: a light meter, a tripod, a camera, a subject to photograph, a snoot and a studio light. 
We used our light meter to measure the camera settings we should be using, all of my images were shot on a shutter speed of 6", and F stop of 16, and an ISO of 200.
Prior to taking the photographs I was excited to explore this technique; however once I got into the studio I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I like the movement in my images, however the outcome overall is not as effective as I would have liked, as some of my images are over-saturated, and the background's are lighter than I wanted- I attempted to edit my images on photoshop in order to improve them. 


Best image of the day: 

This is one of my better images of the day, as you can clearly see a lot of movement within the image. Despite this, I do not like that the central image of the subject as is slightly over exposed, even though I attempted to edit this. This image does clearly explore the technique of multiple flash, as you can see many different stages. I shot the above image on ISO 200, with an F stop of 16, and a shutter speed of 6". I believe these were the correct camera settings, apart from the F stop, I could have possibly lowered this slightly in order to allow less light into the image, which may have prevented it from being over exposed slightly. 


Worst image of the day:

This image is one of my worst from this shoot. I like the concept of the image, but I do not like the outcome, due to me not getting the whole of the individual in the frame, if I had done this then I believe this would have been a strong image. I do admire how you can view both the side, and front profile of the subject, although this is blocked off at the end (far left.) If I was to reshoot this particular image I would ensure I had all of the individual in the frame, so you could view the starting and finishing pose. 


Progression:
Overall, I did not enjoy the shoot as my images didn't come out how I pictured them, I would not use this technique in my project proposal as I do not see how I could fit it in with my theme of nature. 
If I was to reshoot my images I would vary my camera settings, and just follow the ones on the light meter in order to experiment with various F stops, and shutter speeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment