Friday 16 September 2016

Macro Photography - Work Diary

In today's lesson our taks was to shoot images as closely as we can, due to my camera not having the correct lens I borrowed a macro-camera from the college to shoot these images inside the studio. We had to focus on the individuals body part we wished to photograph, and capture this in clear detail, with no blur. I enjoyed doing this lesson as I like shooting images close-up, as I enjoy seeing all of the detail in these images below. 

Close Up-
(BEST IMAGE)



This image is my best of the day as by using the macro camera I gained an extremely close-up image of my subject's eye. You can easily see all details on the individuals face, and the focus is heavily on the eye due to the fierce green contrasting the plainer nude tones. I photographed this image in the studio, which allowed me to control the lighting specifically so I could achieve my ideal image. The camera settings when taking this image were an ISO- 200, a shutter speed of 1/2125, and an F - 8. I shot this image in the studio which allowed me to control the lighting more effectively, and get the precise amount of light I wanted in the photograph. 

Close Up-
(WORST IMAGE)



This is my worst image of the day as the angle of the image appears wonky; although I do like that you can see reflection in the eye I believe my other images are of better quality, as they're in the studio whereby I could control the lighting more effectively myself. I shot this photograph on ISO-720 F-4.5 and a shutter speed of 1/60. I would have liked this image if it was slightly lighter, I could have achieved this by adjusting my camera settings, making the shutter speed lower, or by making the aperture lower.


Progression:
Close up photography is the technique I would probably use more frequently in my images, as I enjoy taking these types of images, I would like to photograph these images inside, and outside the studio using a macro-camera. I could photograph images of flowers close up with a marco-camera inside the studio, and create a different meaning behind just plain 'flowers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment