Tuesday 20 September 2016

Blur - Image Bank

This image is extremely bright, and colourful. The blur is in the chairs of the swing and slightly on the ovular shape they're attached to, this leads me to believe that the photographer used a tripod to capture this image, as the cylinder support for the ride, is in focus. You can clearly see which direction the chairs are travelling in due to the direction in which the blur is dragged. I would have to travel to a fun fair to photograph an image like this, which is not possible; however I can use the idea of showing the direction of the blur. 

I like this image as everyone around the man is moving, and rushing showing the chaos of London but he remains still. This makes the viewer question what he's looking at on his phone. The fact he is still implies to me that he is in deep thought, and different to everybody else around him. You can clearly see the 'underground' sign which allows us to easily gage that this photograph is captured in London. I could, and would like to recreate an image similar to this. 

This image is clearly photographed in London, as the classic/stereotypical red telephone box is in focus, with again the stereotypical big red bus whizzing past in the background. I like this image as it's photographed at night which allows the lights, and colours to jump out more, which is again a signature look of London. You can tell which direction the bus is moving due to the drag of the blur. 

This image implies chaos as most of the image is blurred, apart from the rider which may suggest he is in control and dominant. The horses feet appear most interesting to me, as the motion of them moving back and forth enhances the image, as most of the other blur is random/ distorted. I couldn't recreate this image as I do to live near a place which does this type of sport, although it does still interest me. 

This image is in black and white which enhances the blur, as you cannot see around the cyclists, this may suggest they're on a journey and do not know where they are going as we cannot see where they are going. I could easily recreate an image like this, using a tripod in order to follow the bike with my camera, whilst blurring everything else simultaneously.

This image has humour to it, as the child doesn't appear to be having a good time, which is usually associated with a playground. The child, and the pole he is clutching on to is in focus, with the background out of focus. A slow shutter speed would have been used in order to blur the background, whilst focusing on the child to keep them in focus. I would like to recreate an image like this in my local park, and experiment with various camera settings (shutter speed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment