Monday 7 November 2016

Shoot Two - Overview Essay

Shoot Two:

In this shoot I wanted to explore how rain falls differently on both man-made and natural objects. Initially I was going to show the contrast in natural objects in the rain, and then contrast this with humans in the rain; however I felt it was better to explore man-made objects, as these are specifically made to go in the rain, whereas us as humans are not specifically made to withstand rain. I believed that by doing this it would allow me to show how nature needs rain to survive, and how nature is made to enhance rainfall, in comparison to man-made objects which can sometimes be ruined by rain. 

inspired by...

I photographed these images in my back garden one rainy afternoon, it was hard to plan when I was going to photograph my shoot as it obviously had to be just after, or during rainfall. I shot my images just after rainfall, as I found during rainfall I would get raindrops on my lens which would ruin the overall image. I found it easy to do this shoot in my garden as I have both plants and man0made objects at easy access, whereas if I went out on location I would not have as much of a choice of the man-made objects. I'm pleased with the overall outcome of the shoot, as my images are aesthetically pleasing and fit my aims of the shoot. 

For my next shoot (shoot three) I will be focusing on the simplistic object of a cloud in the sky, I have decided to explore this idea due to inspiration from Stieglitz's images of clouds. I will be exploring how the clouds move, and obtain patterns in this next shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment