Monday 7 November 2016

Shoot One - Overview Essay

Shoot One:

My aim for this shoot was to show how peaceful and tranquil nature is when left alone; I wanted to explore this by photographing images of numerous objects, such as flowers, trees... Within this shoot I also wanted to show how different nature is abroad, to what it is here in the UK, this is why all of my images in this shoot I shot whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria. 

My inspiration for this soot was National Geographic magazine which I explored, and spoke about in my illustrated project proposal. The magazine has been around for 128 years, it was founded on the 1st of January 1988 by Gardiner Greene Hubbard, and is a non-profit educational and scientific magazine. The National Geographic magazine is not a photographer in itself, however it's a magazine which holds the images of many photographs, all shot in a similar fashion. The National Geographic magazine primarily focuses on images of landscapes, or animals and are big projectors of animal rights and protecting nature, this is shown through their stunning images of landscapes, displaying how we should protect these beautiful landscapes and not ruin them by carelessness (pollution.) The photographs in the national geographic magazine are bright, colourful and eye-cathicng which helps to engage individuals into the image initially, before getting them to think about the issue they may be targeting. 

I photographed my images in Gran Canaria, Spain. Nature in Gran Canaria varies vastly from the nature in the UK, as it's more bright, and colourful. I found it extremely interesting to photograph things in which I and never seen before/ wouldn't see in the UK. Additionally, it was extremely bright a lot of the time due to the sunny weather; therefore I had to adjust my camera settings a lot in order to control the lighting that was coming into my lens. I am happy with the outcome of my images, as they are bright, colourful and eye-catching, whilst showing the beauty of nature which was my aim for this shoot. 

For my next shoot (shoot two) I will be focusing on how rain appears different on different surfaces including both man-made objects, and natural objects. 

1 comment:

  1. Please ensure that the connotations associated with your images are explored in this and other blog posts....

    Also how do your camera settings I.e the way you took the photographs impact on the final outcome....?

    ReplyDelete