Monday 7 November 2016

Shoot Five - Essay Overview

Shoot Five:

In this shoot I wanted to combine images of humans and nature in order to show how we can work well together, I used the technique of multiple exposure to do this, I previously explored multiple exposure before I started this shoot, to ensure I knew how to conduct this shoot correctly. I also wanted to conduct this hoot to suggest that humans are 'made up of nature' as this is what the outcome of the images look like. 

In order to create my multiple exposure images I ensured I had 'spot metering' switched on in my camera settings, then I ensured that my images were going to be slightly over exposed by making the F stop higher, to let more light into the camera lens, once I shot both my images of people, and of nature outside the studio I then opened all my images in photoshop. Once the images were opened in photoshop I dragged the image of nature over the top of the individual, whilst changing the photoshop settings on the left side from 'normal' to 'screen'. If after this if I wanted to edit my images further I would select the images specific layer, and change the curves/levels... 

I am pleased with the outcome of my overall images, as they are interesting due to the individual appearing as though they are made up of nature, I wasted to do this to demonstrate how us as humans cannot live or survive without nature. 

For my next shoot (shoot six) I will be focusing on images of landscapes, and how beautiful they are to encourage our preservation of this. My shoot will be heavily influenced by Ansel Adam's use of black and white, and landscape photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment