Tuesday 15 November 2016

Shoot Seven - Overall Essay

Shoot Seven:

My shoot was a progression of my previous shoot number 3, whereby I photographed images of clouds specifically in the sky, whereas in this shoot I focused on the whole skyline. In this shoot I wanted to capture the beauty of a simple form of nature- the sky. My aim was to capture the beauty of the sky because many people often don't look up, and appreciate it's beauty. By capturing images of the sky, I also feel as though I'd be highlighting the issue of global warming, with the burning of a hole in the Ozone layer. I conducted my shoot outside, and I captured images of the sky in various places, not just one place in order to show how the sky changes constantly, and that no two areas of the sky are the same. I used a tripod in order for there to be no blur in my images, additionally I adapted my camera settings to the dark environment which I photographed my images, this involved me using a low f stop in order to let as much light as possible into my lens. In addition, a low shutter speed also allowed more time for light to get into my camera lens.

For this shoot I was inspired by Stieglitz's images of clouds, likewise to my shoot 3. Stieglitz photographs clouds seizing the movement and pattern of the clouds within the image, giving a closer insight into the actual surface of the cloud, which not many people often pay attention to. Initially  I though just focusing on the sky would be boring, however after I saw Steiglitz's photographs I realised that I can create interesting images, using whats above me (the sky.) I chose to develop my shoot 3 by focusing on the whole skyline, not just a few clouds like my shoot 3 did. 

I photographed my images both outside my house, and at a local park. I'm happy with the overall outcome of my images, as the bright colours are clearly visible and I believe my aim to highlight the issue of global warming, through the beauty of the sky was achieved. I am especially pleased with the colours in the images, as I believe the colours show the emotions of the sky itself. 

In my next shoot (shoot eight) I will be developing my idea of macro photography, which was previously explored in shoot number 4, I will be shooting the objects of peppers again, however this time I will be shooting inside the pepper, not from the outside of this organic object; also, I will be experimenting with low key lighting to see how this affects my images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment