Friday 17 June 2016

Wide Angle and Close Up- Work Diary

Today's task was to explore the techniques of wide angle close-up photography, we used our own personal cameras for this task, we photographed our images outside of the studio.
In order to create these images I zoomed out to 18mm on my camera, whilst focusing on the object I wished to photograph closely, this would help me achieve the 'fish-eye'/distorted effect. 
I enjoyed today's lesson as I tried a technique in which I had never attempted before, it showed me how a simple piece of equipment like the 'zoom' can be used and adapted in a variety of ways.


Wide Angle-
(BEST IMAGE)

I believe this image represents the wide angle technique most effectively as the chess piece is distorted, due to it appearing bigger then the others behind it. Despite this representing the technique the best I would have wished to of photographed this image with a different background, as I believe it appears cluttered and takes the focus away from the technique. I shot my image on the ISO- 200, with a shutter speed of 1/6, and an F -10. The image above could have been slightly lighter, in order to clearly see the chess piece, to do this I would lower either the shutter speed, or aperture in order to let more light into the camera.


Wide Angle-
(WORST IMAGE)



This image is my worst of the day as although you can see distortion, it's not extremely aesthetically appeasing, as you can see someone sitting on the table in the background. Moreover, the lid in this photograph is blurred, when I would have liked it to have been in focus, along with the rest of the image. I shot this image on an ISO- 1000, and an F stop of 3.5, with a shutter speed of 1/60. The shutter speed could have been quicker in order to ensure all of the bottle was in focus; however, this would have then made the image darker, which would not have worked. If I was to shoot this image again, I would do so outside, in order to get natural light into the image, and I would use a quicker shutter speed to get detail on all of the object. 



Progression:
I would use this technique in my personal project as I believe this would work well in my documentary photography theme. I could use the wide angle approach on objects such as flowers, or in the city on tall buildings to create the 'fish-eye' effect, in order to show how nature can be viewed in a variety of ways, and distort  peoples views of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment