Tuesday 21 June 2016

Sequencing - Work Diary

In today's lesson our task was to create an image which explored the technique of 'sequencing', I had never created any images similar to this before, as I didn't know how to bring all of the images together in photoshop; however after today's lesson I know now how to (see steps below.) 


How I created the images below:

  • Firstly I opened all the images I was going to use on photoshop. 
  • Next I put them all on top of each other, creating layers. I did this by pressing cmd A, then cmd C on the image before pressing cmd V on the image I wish to layer up.
  • After this, I then clicked on the first layer and used the lasso tool to select roughly around the subject.
  • Next, I clicked cmd J and added a new layer mask 
  • After this, you must click edit fill, in order to fill the background black
  • Next, I painted over where the individual was in order to show them through
  • I completed this for all layers of my image in order to achieve the final product. 


I am happy with the outcome of my image, I especially admire how the shoes overlap as it adds to the image rather than them being separate. In my image I like how you can see the individuals legs and how they change and move. It would be better if I could have included shadows which would have added further detail to the image; however, on this day it was extremely dull outside with no sun. 

Progression:
If I was to reshoot this image again and recreate it I would add another image towards the right of the sequence as there's a slight gap, although this was due to the wall. I could also attempt to shoot on a sumner day in order to include the shadows into the image also. I would also like to try this in the future with an object, such as a bouncing ball. I will use this technique in my project as I could photograph an animal, or a flower moving, this would work well with my nature theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment