Tuesday 21 June 2016

Animated Gif- Straight Images / Work Diary

In this lesson our task was to photograph a series of images (similar to sequencing) which would then fit together to create a moving image- a gif. I'm happy with my outcomes as I believe they're interesting and clearly show movement. I liked creating these images in photoshop, as I had never done this before, consequently it allowed me to expand my knowledge and learn how to create something new today (see list below of how to create these images.)


How I created the images below:
  • check your images are all 1000 pixels width, with a resolution of 72. Then I used cmd 0 to bring the images up to normal size. 
  • Next, I dragged my image tabs down and made them into a layer, pressing cmd A and then cmd C, and lastly cmd V to do this. 
  • I then selected the tab 'window' and 'timeline' then I selected 'create video timeline' 
  • After this I dragged all the purple image layer bars to 5 frames per second 
  • I then dragged the sections to stagger them, to achieve the animated effect I also looped this in order to increase its overall effect
  • To save my gif I then selected 'file' then 'save for web' ensuring it's 128 dithered and saved my final product. 
Best Gifs:



The two above gifs are my best of the day, as you can clearly see movement and the stages of the gif. I believe the two gifs above meet the objective clearly, I used a fast shutter speed of 1/125 in order to capture the movement clearly, so it was not blurred. I also shot on an ISO 400 ,with an F stop of 4.6. I took several images of the ball, however I picked the few that fitted best together, and were the clearest, this was also the same for the pouring water gif. Moreover, in my gif of the pouring water, I like how the sun comes in at the first stage, showing how the water isn't the only thing changing, but the surrounding environment too.

Worst Gifs:

This is my worst gif of the day due to the movement not being shown clearly, and being blocked by the leafs; you can see movement is occurring but you cannot see how and where clearly. If I was to shoot this again I would move the jug further away in order to capture the water actually falling into the pot. The camera settings used for this image were a shutter speed of 1/60, this is too slow as you need to be able to have crisp images which are not blurred; however, due to there not being much movement of the jug this didn't affect this image as much as it would have done if it was the image above of the ball. The F stop used was 4.5, and the SIO was 400. 



Progression:
If I was to reshoot the images for the gif again I would ensure the use of a tripod to prevent movement of the camera, so more focus would just be on the object moving. I believe this would make my images more crisp and sharp. 
I would like to use this technique in my project, as I believe I could photograph an object (e.g. a flower) as it moves (e.g. in the wind.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment