Thursday 1 December 2016

Shoot Eight - Overall Essay

Shoot Eight:

This shoot was progression from my previous shoot number 4 where I explored Nadege Meriau's work in the studio, by using a macro camera to be close to the object in order to enhance the ambiguity I wanted to create. In this shoot I again used a macro camera, whilst exploring low key lighting and being 'inside' the object, not shooting from the outside like my previous shoot number 4. I also kept my images in colour for this shoot, whilst editing them in photoshop using vignettes, and the dodge/burn tool to enhance the coloured contrast within my images; I believe I progressed by keeping my images in colour as this adds to the detail of the image as a whole. 

Nadege Meriau was the inspiration for my shoot, as she creates various environments/objects using organic objects. Nadege's images are always in colour which adds to the effect of the image, by enhancing the 'hellish'/'dark' scenes that she creates. Cave-like structures are also explored by Meriau in her images through the use of depth, and shadowing, this was my main aim to explore in my shoot, using th object of a pepper. 

I photographed all of my images inside the studio using studio lights, a light meter, a snoot, a macro camera, three different coloured peppers, a box, a dark cloth, and a tripod. The snoot allowed me to direct the light in my images, and helped me create my low key lighting effect. The tripod allowed me to reduce any shake in my images, as I was extremely close in to the object, therefore any shaking would of had a huge effect on my overall image. 

For my next shoot (shoot nine) I will be photographing a seasonal squash in the studio, in order to explore macro photography further, with the influence of Nadege Meriau still prominent in my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment