Tuesday 13 December 2016

Shoot Nine - Overall Essay

Shoot Nine:

In this shoot I wanted to further explore the technique of macro photography in order to further explore my theme of nature. This shoot links to my previous shoot numbers four and eight, whereby I also explored macro photography using organic objects. All of these macro shoots (four/ five/ nine) are inspired and influenced by Nadege Meriau's work, whereby organic objects are used to create abstract environments. I used the college's macro camera and shot this shoot in the studio, as this allowed me to control the lighting which would be focused on the squash. I chose to photograph a squash as the stringy innards of this objects would add texture to my images, moreover a squash was easy to cut in to for me to then create a cave-like structure. I used a tripod, a snoot, reflector dish, a black backdrop, a camera and the squash itself to conduct my shoot; furthermore a light meter was used in order to set the camera settings on my camera. 

This shoot was heavily influenced by Nadege Meriau's photographs of a pumpkin, as she used the innards of this to her advantage, and created a new environment using just one pumpkin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment